Saturday 8 August 2015

Week 2 down, 14 more to go.

Let me start with this: ARGHHHHHHHHHGRHHG.

Dammit, I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean with 4 hungry sharks swimming around me. The sharks being the 4 subjects I'm taking this semester. I already have so much assessment going around and I think I accidentally missed two diagnostic tests in week 1... I think. I don't know. I don't remember. There's already a biochemistry assignment out and I don't know how to join my amino acids, let alone show charges at different pH!

After trying to get a grips on biochemistry in week 1, I totally missed the second folder of videos for another subject so this week I had to watch double the videos and complete double the worksheets. It was pretty darn simple since the videos were on about how to use databases and how to write essays but it was really, really, really time consuming. I don't get why I had to do this, I mean, I know most of the other kids are first years but I've spent the past two years writing essays, judging how reliable sources are and using databases! I don't claim to be an expert but come on, do I really have to sit through hours of "click this tab to do an author search, click that to search keywords and type this to refine the year"?

After dealing with those two subjects, I've pushed back chemistry, yet again. Heck, I haven't even looked at the first lecture slides! Darn, I must get started.

On the plus side, I decided I needed some social interactions with my old friend 'S' so on Friday we went shopping and window shopping. We literally went to all the 'good' shops in the centre and spent an entire four hours walking around! And we also folded at our cravings and had junk food for lunch and frozen yoghurt for a treat. I must say, Tutti Frutti has some amazing froyo! S had eaten some before so she was looking for her favourites, Taro and Green Tea, but alas they didn't have any! I ended up getting a mixture of Blueberry, Watermelon and I think last one was Soy Banana? I got the last one because I thought it was queer and I noticed it had Green Tea in it so I gave it a go. It was delish and definitely my favourite out of the three! Blueberry tasted exactly like I would have imagined frozen blueberry yoghurt  to be and the other two could have passed off as ice-cream. Unfortunately I ate it and forgot all about taking a picture.
After eating that we walked around to find a present for M's birthday coming up at the end of the month. We ended up wandering into Tea 2 since M likes tea and S wanted to get some more Creme Brulee for her mum. While we were there, we tried all the samples, my favourites being a Turkish tea and a mixed tea with Vanilla Soy. Unfortunately I found out after I drank it that the Vanilla Soy mixed tea had cocoa in it! I ended up having a reaction to it at home. Curse reactions.

Going back to biochem,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment