Saturday 5 December 2015

Sydney Nov '15


I'm back home from a lovely trip to Sydney! My friends and I went there primarily for N's Wedding! I still can't believed she's married now! We stayed in Rushcutters Bay at a nice hotel and the wedding was held at a park nearby which was across from the Sydney Harbour Bridge. 
On the last day we found out that our flight home was cancelled! That was a crazy afternoon! Since I booked through Flight Centre, they were able to get me on another flight home but it was an earlier flight with another airline. My friends and I literally just arrived at Bondi Beach so I had to rush to the city by bus then quickly get a taxi to the airport. After a very stressful hour and a bit I finally arrived at the airport to find that check in doesn't close for a little bit, to my relief. 
The plane took off at 5:35pm and shortly after we were flying above my home city. Unfortunately there was a bad storm and we flew around for an hour before the captain told us we had to fly back to Sydney! We were then told we had to stay the night and had to rebook onto another flight the next day! The hotel was lovely and much more spacious than other hotels I stayed at in Sydney but I didn't sleep well because I just don't sleep well on the first night staying anywhere other than home...
The next day my flight was at 7:35am and we finally touched down on home turf soon after. My friends who were meant to fly with my on the cancelled flight managed to fly out on the same day with the same airline. I was so exhausted after the nearly-4 hour flight from Sydney to Sydney & flight home that I was half-sleeping for days after! Well, I was trying to stay up during daylight hours...

Rushcutters Bay
Rushcutters Bay
Roof of hotel night
Roof of hotel day
El Alamein Memorial Fountain / Kings Cross Fountain


St Mary's Cathedral

Penguins at Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Sydney Aquarium

Ricky Martin,
Madame Tussauds

N+J Wedding 


Aqua S ice cream!
Sea salt ice cream + popping candy
Sea salt & lemon tea ice cream + fairy floss

Wild Life Sydney Zoo crocodile!

Milk crate Santa in Darling Harbour

Chinese Garden of Friendship

Chinese Garden of Friendship

Chinese Garden of Friendship

Sydney Harbour Bridge from the Opera House

Sydney Opera House from the Royal Botanic Gardens

That's all for now,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment